Thursday, April 28, 2005

Response from Senator Murray

Thank you for contacting me about the Employee Free Choice Act. I appreciate
hearing from you on this important issue.

I am a strong supporter of the rights of workers to organize and join or form
unions without fear of intimidation or retaliation. That is why I am an original
cosponsor of S. 1925, the Employee Free Choice Act. This bill will streamline
the process for recognition of organization efforts by the National Labor
Relations Board. It will also increase the penalties for employers who attempt
to block efforts of their employees to form unions.

Union members are part of the backbone of the U.S. labor force, and I will
continue to fight against anti-union efforts in the workplace and in the Senate.
As a member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee I will
closely scrutinize any legislation affecting organizing efforts that may come
before the committee.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this issue. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,
Patty Murray
United States Senator

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home